It feels slightly strange to be writing a post about the best quotes from Episode 3 of Big Brother when the most discussed things the houseguest have said are not actually shown on the show.
Here’s CBS’ statement about the racist, homophobic and mysoginistic things the houseguests have said:
“Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by several of the Houseguests on the live Internet feed to be offensive. Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the House or during the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program.”
So there’s that.
Anyways, here are the top 10 quotes from the most recent episode of the show (that CBS deemed fit to air), in which Elissa was named MVP and nominated David. When McCrae won the veto he, in turn, nominated his “ally” Elissa. Per usual, these gems of wisdom reveal the houseguests, um, intelligence. Or something.
Here are the Top 10 quotes from the week:
10. “I have no hair left on my body. I have a Brazilian wax. I have an arm wax. I mean, I’m waxed. I just want to put that out there and let America know that.”
9. “Shade. Super shade.”
8. “See, that’s what I’m not getting.”
[EDITOR’S NOTE: So that is what you are not getting, David? Mmmmmmhmmmm.]
7. “I was trying to figure out what word to spell. I looked up at the sign and I noticed, like, what is going to be a long letter? And then it just hit me. Boom. Light in my head. ‘Competition.’ I would have had…competition…eleven word. And then I’m do good in the competition, and, like, hopefully win. You know?”
[EDITOR’S NOTE: Sure David. Uh huh. We know.]
6. “When I see her up in my delivery boy’s room, I’m not cool with that.”
[EDITOR’S NOTE: Is someone writing Amanda’s lines? She’s really into the pizza boy puns.]
5. “Things with me and Aaryn are getting more comfortable. Like, I told her I still lived at home and she still liked me afterwards. Like, she actually liked me for who I was, which is pretty sick.”
[EDITOR’S NOTE: True love is really beautiful.]
4. [To David] “You should be a model.”
3. [About David] “He’s obviously smart.”
[EDITOR’S NOTE: Um, what?]
2. “I think my sister’s fans are going to vote for me. ‘Cause she has awesome fans. My sister’s a supermodel. Did you know I’m related to Giselle Bundchen?”
1. “I don’t know who this Giselle Bundchen is, or Budchen, or whatever it is. But I know for sure know know that it’s not Rachel Reilly.”
READ: My Picks for June’s Best TV, Movies, Books and Theater
READ: Thoughts on CBS’ Statement About Racist and Homophobic Big Brother Comments
READ: Can American Idol or Survivor Make it Back in the Race? Predicting the Emmy Nominations: Best Reality Show Competition
READ: The Ten Best Quotes from Episode 2 of Big Brother
READ: Summer TV Report Card — Grading June’s Top 10 Premieres
READ: Burning Questions From the Big Brother Premiere
READ: First Impressions of the Big Brother Houseguests
READ: Wentworth Miller, Tom Welling and Adrian Grenier — Where Have You Gone?
READ: Revisiting the Grey’s Anatomy Pilot Episode
READ: Where Did My Love for Glee‘s Lea Michele Go?
READ: My Complicated Relationship with Book Clubs
READ: Emmy Nomination Predictions